Product OverviewIn combining a standard three component SIGMA accelerometer with our well proven 24-bit TAU digitizer, this Digital SIMGA is an accelerometer with a fully digital output. This two-in-one package eliminates the need for an extrernal digitizer, thereby saving valuable deployment space. It also makes installation extremely easy, as there is no need to handle bulky seismometer cables. In conjunction with our OMEGA control and data acquisition software, this accelerometer can be fully remotely controlled and operated. Three available user interfaces (10/100 Base-ehternet, USB and Serial RS232) makes communication with this instrument easy and reliable.
- Classical orthogonal sensor topology with sensor axes pointing in the three cardinal directions.
- Fine pitched adjustable feet manufactured from brass.
- All sensor components are made of non-magnetic materials, minimizing noise induced by outside magntic fields.
- Single slotted base fixing point
- Flat frequency response from DC to 400 Hz.
- Four remotely configurable saturation levels between +/- 4g and +/- 0.5g.
- Other options down to +/- 0.05 g available.
- Dynamic range at +/- 2g >170 dB, at +/- 4g >167 dB
- Operational range within +/- 10.0 degrees of tilt.
- Cross axis rejection >-70 dB.
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 75 deg C.
- Rugged housing made from hard anodized aluminium.
- Weight 2.45 or 2.75 kg, depending on connector.
- Dimensions: outer diameter 14 cm, height 16.5 cm or 18 cm, depending on connector.
- Waterproof as per IP68 standard.
Power and Electronics
- Power consumption < 2.1 W
- Power operating range from 9 to 36 Volt.
- The sensor's electronic circuitry is galvanically isolated, protected against polarity switch and voltage transients.
- 24 bit digital output.
- See here for detailed information about the TAU digitizer
To obtain a detailed data sheet for this seismometer, please contact Gaiacode Headquarters
Disclaimer: The product specifications and the stated data are subject to change without prior notice.