The unique slim line design of this THETA Downhole instrument makes it an ideal versatile seismometer for both posthole and borehole installations. Its water proof housing with an outer diameter of only 50 mm is rated for depths of up to 300 m in a wet borehole. An internal three component MEMS accelerometer and a humidity sensor provide additional SOH information about the installed seismometer. A single-arm holelock can be added to the stack (see left instrument in photo). This downhole seismometer is suitable for deployments in cased or uncased bore- and postholes.
- The three sensors are stacked on top of each to allow for slim design
- All sensor components are made of non-magnetic materials, minimizing noise induced by outside magntic fields
- Single arm holelock can be added
- Flat frequency response from 0.008333 Hz (120 seconds) to 150 Hz.
- Other response options: 0.033 Hz (30 sec) to 150 Hz and 0.0166 Hz (60 sec) to 150 Hz.
- Lowest spurious resonance: 340 Hz on both vertical and horizontal sensors.
- Operational range within +/- 25.0 degrees of tilt.
- Offered in a whole range of sensitivities from 2*750 to 2*5000 V/m/s (differential output)
- Cross axis rejection >-70 dB.
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 75 deg C.
- Rugged housing made from 316 grade stainless steel
- Weight with hole lock 7.85 kg, without 6.25 kg.
- Dimensions: outer diameter 50 mm, height with holelock 870 mm, without 760 mm.
- Waterproof as per IP68 standard.
Power and Electronics
- Power consumption 750 mW.
- Power operating range from 9 to 36 Volt.
- The sensor's electronic circuitry is galvanically isolated, protected against polarity switch and voltage transients.
To obtain a detailed data sheet for this seismometer, please contact Gaiacode Headquarters
Disclaimer: The product specifications and the stated data are subject to change without prior notice.