GaiaCode TAU MK2 high resolution digitizer measures 100mm by 100mm by 220mm as an 8-channel high resolution scientific digitizer. TAU can be effectively used in permanent or short term multidisciplinary scientific experiments.
The TAU 8-channel, 24-bit high resolution digitiser cab be used effectively in permanent or short term multidisciplinary scientific experiments such as Single or Large scale seismic monitoring networks, Earthquake Early Warning Systems and Volcanology, to name only a few.
TAU generates two separate streams of data, one based on FIR “a-causal” filter while the other stream is based on Causal filter. In addition to the acausal and causal filter outputs a separate Low Latency Data LLD is also transmitted with minimum latency as small as 0.1 Seconds for 100 s/s LLD stream. The LLD applies to 6 channels of 8 channel analogue inputs of TAU digitiser.
In addition to the 8 high precision 24-bit digitiser channels, there are further 9 analogue input channels to monitor the station parameters or activities.
- Single or large scale seismic networks
- Earthquake Early Warning Systems (EEWS)
- Infra-sound array networks
- Structural health monitoring
- Applications where a “Seismic-Activated-Switch” is required
- Hydrocarbon exploration and permanent reservoir monitoring
- Induced seismicity detection
- Explosion monitoring
- Bore-hole seismology
- Vertical seismic profiling
- Cross-hole seismic experiments
- Micro-seismic monitoring
- Strain-Gauge experiments