The GaiaCode TAU high resolution digitiser measures 111mm by 154mm as an 8 channel high resolution scientific digitiser. The TAU can be used effectively in permanent or short term multidisciplinary scientific experiments.
The TAU 8-channel, 24-bit high resolution digitiser cab be used effectively in permanent or short term multidisciplinary scientific experiments such as Single or Large scale seismic monitoring networks, Earthquake Early Warning Systems and Volcanology, to name only a few.
The TAU generates two separate streams of data, one based on an FIR “acausal” filter , the other stream based on a causal filter with low latency data output. The data latency is less than 10 milliseconds (not exceeding 10 milli-seconds for 1000 sample per/second).
The digitiser has a software adjustable gain stage Programmable Gain Amplifier providing versatile a highly dynamic range analogue input stage.
- Single or large scale seismic networks
- Earthquake Early Warning Systems (EEWS)
- Infra-sound array networks
- Structural health monitoring
- Applications where a “Seismic-Activated-Switch” is required
- Hydrocarbon exploration and permanent reservoir monitoring
- Induced seismicity detection
- Explosion monitoring
- Bore-hole seismology
- Vertical seismic profiling
- Cross-hole seismic experiments
- Micro-seismic monitoring
- Strain-Gauge experiments